Daniel Unger is one of Germany’s elite triathletes becoming world champion in the Olympic distance in 2007. Daniel talks to us about his training and how he likes to relax.
1. Why did you get into triathlon and did you come from a background in one of the three sports?
I just saw a poster of a swimmer, biker, and runner. Six weeks later I competed in my first triathlon-1990. I was a soccer player before.
2. If you had to choose one of the three sports to compete in, which would it be?
3. Whatâs you average week of training?
4. Which is the toughest changeover and which is the toughest section of the triathlon?
Swimming to biking is the toughest for me.
5. What is you greatest achievement and your ultimate goal?
World Champion 2007. I want to win an Olympic medal.
6. Who are your sporting heroes?
7. Do you have a coach for each section of the triathlon or just one coach for all three?
A coach for all the sections.
8. How do you relax?
Spending time with my family.
9. What is you favourite line from a song?
One moment of timeâ¦ (Whitney Houston).
10. What three pieces of advice would you give to a young triathlete that wants to reach the top?
Have fun, fun, fun!