Frequently Asked Questions
Your questions answered
What do I need to bring with me?
What equipment can I buy when I arrive?
If you would like to buy new equipment when you arrive rather than bringing everything with you, you can buy almost all of the equipment you will need for your camp in our on-site store. We sell hats, goggles, trunks, swimming suits and training bikinis, towels, snorkels, fins, BEST Centre clothing, wetsuits, water bottles and much more!
Do you have a landwork area?
There is plenty of space on the pooldeck for general land work and we also have a fully equipped gym that opens onto the pooldeck. You can take mats and medicine balls out of the gym to use on the pooldeck. To use the gym, it is important to book it with us ahead of your arrival.
How far is the pool from the hotel?
All the hotels we use are excellent quality, have great food and are just a few minutes’ walk from the BEST Centre. The closest hotel is the Club Colonia Blau which is situated under 300m from the pool, and the furthest will be a 7-8 minute stroll. So not far, even for those swimmers who don’t like walking!
Can you organise any activities for off sessions or days off?
Yes! If the many beaches around Colonia, or a boat trip to Cabrera is not enough for you, we will very happily organise excursions to attractions such as Aqualand and Forrestal Park
Best Centre Transfers
If you have booked a transfer with us, when you arrive at Palma airport, as you exit baggage collection, look for a driver holding a sign with your name or club name on it. If your driver is not at the gate, go to the meeting point (Punto de Encuentro), by Puerta 4. We will provide you with all the contact details you need, so if it appears as though no one is there to meet you, please call.
Directions by car
If you hire a car, driving directions to the pool are as follows:
- From Palma airport to the BEST Centre
- Exit the airport following signs to Playa de Palma.
- This will take you over the motorway and loop you round so you are heading east on the Ma-19 towards Llucmajor.
- As you approach Llucmajor, stay on the Ma-19 and follow the signs to Campos.
- As you enter Campos you will pick up signs to Colonia Sant Jordi and you will veer towards the right, past an Eroski supermarket (which is on your left) and around the south side of Campos, following signs to Colonia Sant Jordi.
- The signs will take you to a petrol station as you enter Colonia Sant Jordi. Keep going straight on, passing the petrol station on your left, until you reach the hotel Isla Cabrera after 100m or so. Take the right hand turn after the hotel, Calle de Roada and this will take you to the BEST Centre.
Facilities in Colonia de Sant Jordi
What do I do if I need to see a doctor or a physio?
Is there a supermarket close by?
There are 3 supermarkets in the town and every hotel is close to one or other. The closest supermarket to the pool is the Spar, which is a 5 minute walk. At the pool, we can supply you with maps and directions for all the supermarkets, shops, pharmacy, etc.
Have a Question?
Tel: 0034 971 65 65 60
Tel: 0044 161 408 2982
Albert Bravo Photography
SwimTrek Swimming Holidays
© 2020 BEST Swim Centre. All rights reserved.